Chocolate Toffee Butter Crunch
•1 cup butter
•1 cup sugar
•3 Tbsp water
•1 Tbs light corn syrup
•1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecans or almonds)
•3/4 cups semisweet or milk chocolate pieces
•1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans or almonds)
1. Butter the sides of a large saucepan.
2. Melt the butter. Add sugar, water, and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until temperature reaches 290 degrees F. on your candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and quickly stir in the coarsely chopped nuts.
3. Spread on buttered cookie sheet, or 9x13 baking pan. Allow to cool for only 2-3 minutes until toffee surface is firm. Sprinkle chocolate pieces on top.
4. After a couple of minutes, spread melted chocolate evenly over surface. Sprinkle finely chopped nuts on top.
5. Chill until firm. Break into pieces. Store chocolate peanut brittle in airtight container.
~~Place Saran Wrap in bottom of Christmas tin that will lap and cover the top of the candy, and give as a Christmas gift.
H2H Challenges: Watercolors
2 days ago