- Wash sweet potatoes and prick skin with fork.
- Line bottom rack of cold oven with aluminum foil to catch any drips.
- Place sweet potatoes on top rack.
- Set temperature at 425 degrees. If potatoes are 2"-3" thick, set a timer for 45 minutes. If they are larger, set a timer for 1 hour.
- When the timer goes off, do not open the door but turn off the oven. Let potatoes continue to cook for another 30 minutes and then remove from the oven.
The potato skin will peel off easily with this method! Either serve immediately or cool, peel, and store in the fridge.