Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baked Chicken with Rice

1 c. rice 
1 c. water 
1 tsp. salt (divided) 
1/2 tsp. pepper (divided) 
1-1/2 c. milk 
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup [original reciie called for cr. of chicken] 
4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts [or use bone-in] 

Combine everything except the chicken, adding about half of the spices and reserving the other half. Spread over the bottom of a greased 9"x13" baking dish. Arrange chicken over the rice. Sprinkle remaining spices over chicken and rice. Cover with foil and bake at 350 deg. for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.

3 comments:

  1. I like to make this with cr. of mushroom soup because my Mom used to make us something similar (although she cooked the chicken with the soup poured over it in the microwave, and then served it over rice).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to add that this is total comfort food to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!
    I do not know this cooking way, I generally cook risotto, chicken and cream separately, your way is tastier!
    Buon appetito!!!
    Buona giornata!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!