Sunday, December 23, 2018

Baked Chicken with Artichokes

15-oz can diced tomatoes, drained [I used Italian]
2 TBSP olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
pepper
1/2 TBSP lemon juice [I used half a lemon]
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts [I used 3]
pinch of salt and pepper
14-oz can artichoke hearts
1 c. shredded mozzarella

Drain the tomatoes.  In a medium bowl, combine the first seven ingredients (tomatoes to lemon juice).  Stir well, then set aside.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut chicken breasts in half and place in greased casserole.  Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. [I omitted this step.]

Drain the artichoke hearts and roughly chop.  Sprinkle on top of chicken.  Pour the tomato mix on top.

Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and broil for no more than 5 minutes until cheese is bubble and browned.  Serve immediately.

{Original recipe can be found HERE.}

1 comment:

  1. When I told my sister about this yummy recipe, she suggested adding some capers. I will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!